With the help of a few friends on Instagram, Youtube and Google, I managed to make some pretty good Sugar Cookies so I thought I would share the recipe with you guys!
Makes 40 Cookies
- 6 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Unsalted Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt
- Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract
- Slowly blend in the dry ingredients
- Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes
- Roll out the dough and use your cookie cutters to make the shapes you like. I used the cookie cutters by With a Spin to make them more Eid-y
- Refrigerate the cut outs for another ten minutes
- Bake the cookies for 8 - 12 min or until the bottoms are golden brown
- Let cool on a rack and then decorate
*I used pre-made Wilton icing and then sprinkled on some edible glittered hearts. (I had more ambitious plans but with two boys running around, this was going to have to do for now).
Let me know if you try it!